Covenant | A Study for the United Church of Christ (Fisler-Hoffman)
See below for our UCC Polity Bundle discount!
Committing to Covenant
In light of fractured relationships within the United Church of Christ, Covenant encourages members of the UCC to have meaningful discussions about the meaning of "covenant." Even within a denomination of diverse views, the author believes and asserts that people have more things in common than not.
Contains nine thought-provoking sessions that explore the concept of covenant as it relates to: the Hebrew Testament, Jesus Christ, God, our UCC heritage, the wider UCC, autonomy, and more.
About the Author
Jane Fisler-Hoffman is an ordained United Church of Christ minister. She received her M.Div. from Eden Theological Seminary.
United Church Press
UCC Polity Bundle
Purchase 6 of the following 18 polity titles and receive a 30% discount by entering the code "UCC Polity Bundle" at checkout.
- Confessing Our Faith: An Interpretation of the Statement of Faith of the United Church of Christ (Shinn)
- Covenant: A Study for the United Church of Christ (Fisler-Hoffman)
The Evangelical Catechism: A New Translation for the 21st Century (Trost)
- The Evolution of a UCC Style: Essays in the History, Ecclesiology, and Culture of the United Church of Christ (Walker)
The Heidelberg Catechism: A New Translation for the 21st Century (Barrett)
- Hidden Histories in the United Church of Christ: Volume 1 (Zikmund, ed.)
Hidden Histories in the United Church of Christ: Volume 2 (Zikmund, ed.)
History and Program: Revised and Updated (Post/Dipko)
- A History of the Evangelical and Reformed Church (Zuck, ed.)
- New Ecclesiology and Polity: The United Church of Christ (Steckel)
The Shaping of American Congregationalism: 1620-1957 (von Rohr)
- The Shaping of the United Church of Christ: An Essay in the History of American Christianity (Gunnemann)
- Sharing Leadership: A United Church of Christ Way of Being in Community (Drummond)
- That We May All (Finally!) Be One: Covenant, Hospitality, and the Expanding Identity in the United Church of Christ (Gast)
- Theology and Identity: Traditions, Movements, and Polity in the United Church of Christ (Johnson and Hambrick-Stowe, eds.)
- United and Uniting: The Meaning of an Ecclesial Journey, United Church of Christ 1957-1987 (Gunnemann)
- The Unofficial Handbook of the United Church of Christ (Caldwell and Preston)
Search terms: polity, Synod