History and Program | Revised and Updated (Post / Dipko)
The UCC in a New Era
"Our world is very different from the world our founders sought to address, in ways our forebears in the 1950s could have hardly imagined. Yet we remain what we have always been at our best, a people bearing witness to a grand moral vision rooted in the Bible and the person of the crucified and risen Christ, and a people of spiritual audacity, prepared to risk old assumptions for the sake of new possibilities."
- John H. Thomas, former General Minister and President, United Church of Christ
This best-selling, newly revised and updated book shares the history of the United Church of Christ; background on its predecessor bodies; information on its Covenanted Ministries; explanation of its emblem; and Statement of Faith.
About the Author/Editor
Margaret Rowland Post spent her professional life in education and publishing, working with the Wellesley Press, "Discovery Magazine" (Westminster Press), United Church News, and The Central Committee of the World Council of Churches.
Thomas E. Dipko is an ordained minister in the United Church of Christ and the former executive vice president of the United Church Board for Homeland Ministries.
United Church Press
Purchase 6 of the following 16 polity titles and receive a 30% discount by entering the code "UCC Polity Bundle" at checkout.
- Confessing Our Faith: An Interpretation of the Statement of Faith of the United Church of Christ (Shinn)
- Covenant: A Study for the United Church of Christ (Fisler-Hoffman)
The Evangelical Catechism: A New Translation for the 21st Century (Trost)
- The Evolution of a UCC Style: Essays in the History, Ecclesiology, and Culture of the United Church of Christ (Walker)
The Heidelberg Catechism: A New Translation for the 21st Century (Barrett)
- Hidden Histories in the United Church of Christ: Volume 1 (Zikmund, ed.)
Hidden Histories in the United Church of Christ: Volume 2 (Zikmund, ed.)
History and Program: Revised and Updated (Post/Dipko)
- A History of the Evangelical and Reformed Church (Zuck, ed.)
- New Ecclesiology and Polity: The United Church of Christ (Steckel)
The Shaping of American Congregationalism: 1620-1957 (von Rohr)
- The Shaping of the United Church of Christ: An Essay in the History of American Christianity (Gunnemann)
- That We May All (Finally!) Be One: Covenant, Hospitality, and the Expanding Identity in the United Church of Christ (Gast)
- Theology and Identity: Traditions, Movements, and Polity in the United Church of Christ (Johnson and Hambrick-Stowe, eds.)
- United and Uniting: The Meaning of an Ecclesial Journey, United Church of Christ 1957-1987 (Gunnemann)
- The Unofficial Handbook of the United Church of Christ (Caldwell and Preston)