The Evangelical Catechism | A New Translation for the 21st Century (Trost)
The Evangelical Catechism, a valuable resource for pastors, new church members, and confirmation classes, is widely used by United Church of Christ congregations.
Originally authorized by the Evangelical Synod of North America, which brought the catechism into the 20th century, it focuses on the following essentials:
- The Ten Commandments
- The Attributes of God
- The Apostles' Creed
- The Sacrament of Holy Baptism
- The Sacrament of the Lord's Supper
This revised edition has been refreshed with a more modern approach for United Church of Christ congregations in the 21st century.
About the Translator
FREDERICK R. TROST was conference minister of the Wisconsin Conference of the United Church of Christ from 1981 until his retirement in 2001. He is co-editor of Volume 7 of The Living Theological Heritage of the United Church of Christ and a founding member of the Confessing Christ circle.
United Church Press
Purchase 6 of the following 16 polity titles and receive a 30% discount by entering the code "UCC Polity Bundle" at checkout.
- Confessing Our Faith: An Interpretation of the Statement of Faith of the United Church of Christ (Shinn)
- Covenant: A Study for the United Church of Christ (Fisler-Hoffman)
The Evangelical Catechism: A New Translation for the 21st Century (Trost)
- The Evolution of a UCC Style: Essays in the History, Ecclesiology, and Culture of the United Church of Christ (Walker)
The Heidelberg Catechism: A New Translation for the 21st Century (Barrett)
- Hidden Histories in the United Church of Christ: Volume 1 (Zikmund, ed.)
Hidden Histories in the United Church of Christ: Volume 2 (Zikmund, ed.)
History and Program: Revised and Updated (Post/Dipko)
- A History of the Evangelical and Reformed Church (Zuck, ed.)
- New Ecclesiology and Polity: The United Church of Christ (Steckel)
The Shaping of American Congregationalism: 1620-1957 (von Rohr)
- The Shaping of the United Church of Christ: An Essay in the History of American Christianity (Gunnemann)
- That We May All (Finally!) Be One: Covenant, Hospitality, and the Expanding Identity in the United Church of Christ (Gast)
- Theology and Identity: Traditions, Movements, and Polity in the United Church of Christ (Johnson and Hambrick-Stowe, eds.)
- United and Uniting: The Meaning of an Ecclesial Journey, United Church of Christ 1957-1987 (Gunnemann)
- The Unofficial Handbook of the United Church of Christ (Caldwell and Preston)