What If? | A Pocket Portion of Post-Pandemic Ponderments
Normal Wasn't All That Great
You know it and we know it. We talk of returning to "normal," but that doesn't mean "normal" was all that great.
If your church is aiming for a new normal, a new way of being that is more faithful & kinder & more just & more beautiful, this resource is for you! Put these questions into conversation and prayer to spark the holy imagination of "what if?":
- What if you're defending yourself against the very thing you need?
- What if the Church was fun (like weird-Zoom-call fun)?
- What if your pandemic longing to reunite at the Communion table turned into a resolve to keep other people company at their tables?
What can you do with What If?
- Take What If? to your church council meetings, and discuss one question for 30 minutes at each month's meeting.
- Invite responses to a What If? question on your church's Facebook page.
- Shape worship around a What If? theme.
- And more!
For every interruption, there is an opportunity. What if we take it?
About the Writers
The Stillspeaking Writers' Group is made up of United Church of Christ ministers, pastors, and authors who collaborate on a variety of resources for people in the church, outside the church, and not so sure about the church. Their motto: "Hearing God where you live (and other surprising places)."
search words: Covid-19, pandemic, covid, New Year